The McCluskey Centre recognizes the enormous contributions that caregivers make to the lives of individuals that are cognitively impaired. Our 10-bed homelike unit offers overnight respite for those with dementia when a caregiver needs a short term vacation or a break from the daily routine of caregiving.
- Staff who understand dementia
- Recreational programs, exercises and socialization designed to stimulate
- Nursing care 24 hours a day
- Nutritional snacks and meals
- Secure and smoke free environment
- Generously sized private bedrooms with ensuite bathroom
- Air conditioned accommodations
- Support and education for caregivers
- To attain and maintain an optimum quality of life for seniors, their families and caregivers
- To assist the person with Alzheimer's Disease and other related dementias to remain living in their own environment
- To provide caregivers with respite and an opportunity to gain information, education and encouragement to support them in their caregiving role
- To ensure high quality care for those individuals who temporarily reside in the Centre
- To assist with referrals to other community services as required
- To provide support for those with memory loss
Who is eligible?
Seniors living in Renfrew County who:
- are medically stable coping with memory loss and are able to return to their own home or an alternate living arrangement.
- have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease or other related Dementia.
Partially funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, overnight respite stay participants will be billed a monthly program user fee of $50.00 per day. The ODSP rate is $38.63 per day.
- Family physicians
- Other Community agencies
For further information about the McCluskey Centre please contact:
(613) 735-6839 ext. 4266